The NCS (NATO Codification System) is the international code adopted by Member countries of the Atlantic Alliance, in accordance with the provisions of the STANAGS (Standardization Agreements) 3150, 3151, 4177, 4199 and 4438.
The process of consolidation is now the cornerstone of the activities of the Integrated Logistic Support (ILS - Integrated Logistics Support), and in this context, the activities of Analysis (LSA - Logistic Support Analysis), covering the entire life cycle logistics an operating system.
The coding system within NATO is the set of rules that enable NATO nations to identify, classify and codify each Item of Supply (Supply Item). The non-coding may create disadvantages in competitiveness of domestic industry:
- The inability to provide in support of materials, the numbers of coding, which are in the military field the universal means of identification of materials. This induces, at times, the potential customers to favor the foreign industries which, on the basis of a culture codificativa consolidated, can instead ensure correct identification of the materials to be supplied;
- Because NATO nations have accepted and adopted the results, in the belief, supported by practical experience, the destination safely and in order to obtain a common language logistics management.
The encoding process is divided into several phases, each of which is held by a stakeholder. Very schematically, the process is carried out according to the following image:
SIAC v 3.0 is a software application dedicated to cover every aspect of the NATO codification system of materials, both for the benefit of the Defence Administration in every branch, which benefit the suppliers of the Defense Ministry. Through SIAC v3.0 for companies can submit Central Body Coding (OCC), the list of their articles in a given contract in order to obtain a screening at the end of which the system automatically provides the eventual codification of existing Unique Number (NSN). Otherwise the company will be asked, through guided processes, to provide all relevant information to obtain the same encoding. The OCC and the entities involved in the logistics process can govern, may exchange information with central databases of similar organizations in other NATO countries, add to the lists of items and companies regularly produced by NAMSA. SIAC v 3.0 interacts with other applications in SOA technology, such as the Protocol Department of Computer Segredifesa V, allowing the tracking of the state of the practice at any time to involve all stakeholders in the process of codification. This methodology gives considerable simplification in the exchange between private providers of Defense and the National Codification Bureau.
- Access to the SIAC system, using their credentials;
- Insert the data of the contract and the proposed encoding, compared to a Contract or administrative order;
- Add lists and articles, which it requires coding, using the tools provided by the system;
- Send lists to the contracting and DSB, for processing and subsequent encoding of input materials;
The OCC, through the information protocol, automatically acquires the proposed encoding.
- Receives Supplier of the lists, starting at the time stipulated in the contract;
- Checking the compliance of the articles included in the lists with the requirements of the contract;
- If the requirements were not met, return the list to the Supplier for the necessary corrections;
- In case of compliance with contractual claims, the Employer valid lists and sends the DSB.
If the Employer has the same system Segredifesa protocol, or if it uses the same protocol as SOA web services, making the receipt of documents and issuance of its determinations, the Central Organ of the same automated coding .
- Receives the lists sent by the company, protocollando the request automatically by means of the interaction between the systems SIAC v3 / Protocol;
- Receives the lists approved by the contracting protocollando the request automatically through the operation of SIAC v3 / Protocol;
- Start the screening process, looking for items encoded in Italy and / or in other NATO countries, making requests through appropriate transactions;
- If the items have already been encoded, the system returns the NUC encountered;
- If the items were not coded, the system assigns them a new NUC;
- Returns to the Provider and the results to the contracting of encoding, communicating with sending information through the protocol;
- The SIAC v3 automatically keeps track of all references to the Protocol number and date of the various players in the system.
SIAC v 3.0 is developed in Java based web technologies, on a three-tier architecture (presentation, application and db) of Oracle database. Exposes its services on the Internet (module suppliers) and Difenet (for AD).
Download the PowerPoint 2010 brochure (pptx) of SIAC v3